As restaurants continue to open in the Phoenix area rarely do you see a chef driven restaurant venture to open inside an office park. The owners of TRES Restaurant may be starting a new trend as they will open their restaurant this fall in Tempe’s Discovery Office Park off Loop 101 & Guadalupe Rd.
Most office park food are grab and go for coffee, breakfast and lunch and close after the lunch rush. TRES will be extending the day and expect office workers, neighbors and foodies to come by for lunch and dinner by offering fresh and vibrant quick bites and full meals.
Executive Chef Steve Zimmerman said, “We are combining traditional and familiar southwestern and Mexican flavors with the light, healthy and popular dishes found in the Mediterranean region. It’s a very unique menu that will appeal to so many of our neighbors’ palates.”
TRES Restaurant menu highlights
The menu is inspired by the wood burning oven as the primary method of cooking in the restaurant. The lunch menu at TRES will showcase small, medium and large plates that will include diverse ingredients and foods including….
- AZ Tepary Bean Hummus with QCOM Olives, local feta, tomato vierge, EVOO, and flatbread ($7)
- Salmon Gravlax with mustard aioli, arugula, pickled red onion, fried capers, and rustic crackers ($13)
- Shaved Brussels Sprout Carbonara with bacon, prosciutto, cream, and fried onion streusel ($6)
- The Reuben Cuban—shaved corned beef, mojo pulled pork, ham, melted swiss, dijionnaise, dill pickles on marble rye $13
- Chicken El Pastor Torta with Cholula aioli, charred pineapple, avocado and pickled onions ($13)
During dinner small, medium and large plates will also be available with small plates available for sharing and large plates served family style.
Small plates include:
- Mediterranean spiced pork wings with honey harissa, goat horn chilis, Point Reyes blue cheese ($10)
- Wood Fired Albondigas with caramelized mirepoix, pearl mozzarella and tomato marmalade ($8)
- Blistered Shishito Peppers with chorizo, tajin and cojita cheese ($6)
Medium Plates offer:
- Spicy Lamb Merguez Sliders with Madras aioli, tobacco onions, mango chutney on a potato roll ($14)
- Tres Cheese Torte with spicy herbed ricotta, roasted poblano peppers, corn tortillas and salsa verde ($15 or $29 family style)
- Various flatbreads, including roasted wild mushroom, Sonoran chicken flatbread, pork trifecta flatbread.
Large Plates include:
- Cedar Plank Citrus Salmon with Argentine red shrimp and asparagus risotto and cranberry vinegar ($23 individual/ $45 family style
- Spanish Style Chicken Feast with preserved lemon, smashed fingerlings, Mediterranean salsa ($19 individual, $37 family style)
- Bone-in Ribeye with dry rub spice, bone marrow butter, charred asparagus, house buttermilk onion rings, and TRES steak sauce. ($29 14 oz. individual/ $80 32 oz. family style)
The modern styled restaurant will also offer cheese and boards with house cured charcuterie and a large bar for Happy Hour that will include craft cocktails and a diverse wine and beer list.
TRES Restaurant will be at 7200 S. Price Rd. Tempe. Check the website for updates and an opening date.Follow me.