Cool weather and Arizona wines make for the perfect pairing as the Arizona Winegrowers Association www.arizonawine.org will be hosting the 1st Annual “Wine in the Pines” Festival with the Grand Tasting at Charlie Clark’s Orchards in Pinetop-Lakeside on June 15 & 16. Set amongst apple and cottonwood trees, The Grand Tasting will take place on both Sat. and Sun. from noon – 5 p.m. and attendees can taste the wines of 18 Arizona wineries. Wines will also be available for purchase. Guest can purchase tickets for $30 in advance or $35 at the door. Tickets will be valid for both days and include 10 drink tickets and a commemorative glass. A perfect way to escape the summer heat by sipping on award-winning wines in a cool atmosphere. There will also be several off site opportunities to sample the wines leading up to the tasting. Below is a list of winemakers that will be in attendance.
– Robert Carlson, Carlson Creek Vineyards
– Mark Beres, Flying Leap Vineyards
– Gavin & Iryln Gallifant, Gallifant Cellars
– Ann Gardner, Hannah’s Hill
– Curt Dunham, Lawrence Dunham Vineyards
– Sam Pillsbury, Pillsbury Wine Company
– Jim & Marie Petroff, Pleasant Valley Winery
– Dan & Barb Pierce, Saeculum Cellars
– Lori Reynolds, Sonoita Vineyards
– Corey Whalin, Su Vino Winery
– Karyl Wilhelm, Wilhelm Family Vineyards
– Mark & Rhona Jorve, Zarpara Vineyards
Guests must be at least 21 years old to attend and tickets can be purchased at https://wineinthepines.chirrpy.com/Follow me.