The long awaited grand opening of the fast casual Mexican restaurant, Pronto by Serrano’s is happening this Friday and Saturday. The focus of the new concept is Sonoran style build your own bowls, tacos, burritos, salads and more. Also on the menu will be Serrano’s famous bean dip and chips & salsa with all available for a quick turnaround compared to their full service restaurants.
Serrano’s closed their Tempe location in late 2020 to remodel it for the new concept. “We are thrilled to finally be able to open our doors and reveal this new concept,” Sarah Serrano Licht, General Manager said. “It took us much longer than planned due mainly to pandemic-related delays, but we look forward to welcoming back our loyal Tempe customers and hopefully attracting a new generation of Serrano’s fans with Pronto.”
Grand opening festivities
During the two day grand opening from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. guests can celebrate with some specials while others last all month long.
- Free chips, salsa and bean dip for a year to the first 50 people in line on Friday and Saturday
- $5 off main entrée by sharing code “BEANDIP” at register
- Coupons for free fruity fried ice cream and free chips, salsa and bean dip
- Opportunity to name the Pronto robot, which helps staff run food and bus tables
- 50 bonus rewards points for signing up for Pronto Points
- Arizona Rattlers will be at Pronto on Friday, 7/14, from 3-6 p.m.
“With our customizable menu options, our customers have an array of meal options to choose from that are served up fast just the way they like it,” said Ric Serrano, CEO of Serrano’s Mexican Restaurants. “With Arizona State University a few miles up the road and numerous local businesses and busy families in the area, we hope our new fast-casual concept is appealing to both lunch and dinner crowds.”
Pronto by Serrano’s continues to hire and those interested can find more information and apply online.