Saturday March 19th is when Dr. A.J. Chandler Park in downtown Chandler will be rocking with barbecue as over 30 pit masters return for The Great American Barbecue and Beer Festival from 12 noon until 10 p.m. This years festival is bigger and better with an expanded stage and with new foods including Poutine from The American Poutine Company. Other foods such as fry bread, kettle corn and ice cream will also be available for purchase. Here a few of the BBQ vendors that will be in attence from around the country.
· Elmer’s Tacos—Bean and cheese, red chili and green chili burros, quesadillas
· Hogwear DBA Hogg Dogg—Hotdogs, Louisiana andouille, polish sausage, beer brats, meatball subs, pulled pork, chocolate covered bacon, pickle on a stick, waffle dogs
· Honey Bear’s BBQ—Pork, beef, chicken, hotlinks, hot dogs, beans, coleslaw, mac n cheese, French fries
· JJ’s Louisiana BBQ—Ribs, pulled pork, brisket, rib tip, chicken, baked beans, potato salad, hot links
· Memphis Best BBQ—Briskets, ribs, pork, links, beans, coleslaw, potato salad, greens, turkey legs
· Montana BBQ —Whole hog sandwiches on Hawaiian roll with grilled onions and pineapple, filet mignon wrapped in bacon on a stick
On the stage to entertain the festival goers will be headliner Granger Smith along supporting acts Ben Miller Band, Zach Deputy and Georgia Chrome.
General admission tickets are available online for $12 at www.chandlerbbq.com and $15 at the gate. Children 12 years of age and younger are admitted for free and all valley Bashas’ locations have discounted $10 admission ticket available.
Be sure to “like” this event on Facebook at www.facebook.com/bbq.beer.music and follow on Twitter and Instagram @BBQBEERFESTIVAL.