Custom App Helps Guests Navigate Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar’s
Extensive Wine List Using an iPad
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar has launched the Fleming’s WiNEPAD™, a custom app on iPad that helps Guests easily navigate the restaurant’s extensive wine list tableside or at the bar. Offered at each of its 65 locations nationwide, the Fleming’s WiNEPAD™ design mirrors the restaurant’s décor with a custom-designed case and color palette.
“For our Guests, the Fleming’s WiNEPAD™ takes the guessing out of ordering wine,” said National Director of Wine Maeve Pesquera. “We look forward to enhancing the experiences of our Guests and taking the intimidation factor out of wine.”
The application was developed by National Wine Director Maeve Pesquera, and the brand’s National IT Training Coordinator Craig Sheppard.
As the contemporary iteration of the classic American steakhouse, Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Another unique and differentiating element to the Fleming’s WiNEPAD™ is the ability for guests to match their current mood with specific varietal categories and tastes, providing a customized experience with the “What’s Your Mood” function. White wine moods range from Fragrant & Fruity to Rich & Elegant, red wine moods include Big & Intense and Rich & Voluptuous, and sweet wine moods feature Sweet & Mouth-watering and Sweet & Powerful. The Fleming’s WiNEPAD™ Mood Matcher function offers more than 10 moods with various wine selections for each to satisfy Guests’ ever-changing tastes.
Available tableside or at the bar, the Fleming’s WiNEPAD™ has other standard features including:
· Wine List Tab – Sorts wines in progressive order from lightest to fullest by region, varietal, Fleming’s 100® selections, wines rated at 90+ by Robert Parker Wine, Wine Spectator and Wine Enthusiast and local selections chosen by the location’s Wine Manager;
· Maeve’s Raves – Presents wines selections recommended by the National Director of Wine Maeve Pesquera;
· Perfect Pairings – Showcases wine and food pairings based on the Guests’ menu selection by providing three perfectly paired wine options that deliciously accentuates complementary flavors. This takes the guesswork out of selecting the perfect glass of wine for each course;
· Spin the Bottle – Provides a fun and adventurous take on ordering wine for the indecisive. The bottle icon spins and lands on a different selection each time;
· Share This Wine – Gives Fleming’s Guests the ability to email themselves any wine on the wine list. The email comes to the Guest’s inbox complete with their new favorite wine, tasting notes and an image of the label;
· Register for ‘Friend of Fleming’s’ – Encourages Guests to sign up directly from the Fleming’s WiNEPAD™ to receive exclusive offers from Fleming’s and the opportunity to be the first to know about seasonal menus, exclusive wine tasting events and other extended offers;
· Tonight’s Features – Gives the inside scoop on everything happening at your Fleming’s tonight.
“Fleming’s has a 15-year history of innovation,” states Pesquera. “It’s in our heritage to adapt to our guests’ changing tastes and needs as their daily lives seamlessly integrate technology. The Fleming’s WiNEPAD™ is the next natural step to giving guests what they want – an exciting and educational interactive dining experience.”
There are four Fleming’s in Phoenix in Peoria, Chandler, North Scottsdale at DC Ranch and Scottsdale at Lincoln Road. For more information on Fleming’s or to make reservations, please visit www.flemingssteakhouse.com.