Graze Desert Grille has some great craft beer & food pairings this month every Wednesday evening. With representatives on hand to speak about the beer paired with executive chef Keith Osmundson’s locally sourced cuisine should make for a cool and refreshing evening on these hot summer nights. Hurry, seats are limited to 18 people per week.
New Pairings Offer A Summer Vacation Experience Every Two Weeks
With long summer days rolling into warm summer nights, Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar is celebrating summer with a series of Summer Lovin’ Steak & Sangria Prix Fixe dinners that will take guests on a culinary world tour. This summer menu series, offered July 2 through August 26, will introduce a new steak and sangria pairing every two weeks, each featuring an artfully inspired selection of fresh, seasonal ingredients and internationally inspired flavors.
Every Summer Lovin’ Steak & Sangria menu features a summer salad, a uniquely seasoned specialty prime New York Strip Steak with a vibrant topping and a decadent dessert for $39.95*. Each menu also includes a suggested hand-crafted sangria pairing for $7.95*. Guests visiting the bar or patio, will also have an opportunity to enjoy the series of refreshing, seasonal sangrias.
Fleming’s Executive Chef Russell Skall, believes that summer dining is about innovative flavors that convey fun in the sun.
“Steak and sangria are two things that instantly take a summer BBQ from ordinary to extraordinary, and Fleming’s is helping guests take away the fuss by bringing the ultimate summer BBQ to our patios instead of theirs,” said Skall. “The steak and sangria menus will present a variety of marinades and sauces that will highlight fresh summer flavors and provide guests with a global summer vacation feel.”
Summer Lovin’ Steak & Sangria menus for August include:
July 30 through August 12
· Butter Lettuce and Pear Salad with goat cheese, candied walnuts, crispy onions, and a lemon vinaigrette
· Prime New York Strip with a sweet and spicy rub, topped with a savory tomato and roasted red pepper butter and chopped marcona almonds, and served with a side of summer zucchini slaw
· Fresh Peach Cobbler with a brown sugar oat streusel and topped with vanilla ice cream
· Optional Pairing: South Seas Sangria – Viñedos Terranoble Sauvignon Blanc, Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum, and Peach Schnapps with fresh peaches, honeydew melon, oranges and lemons
August 13 through 26
· Beefsteak Tomato & Mozzarella Salad with arugula and a red onion balsamic vinaigrette
· Prime New York Strip topped with crispy gorgonzola and served with grilled asparagus, pickled fennel and baby golden beets
· Lemon-Poppy Seed Butter Cookies with vanilla ice cream and a warm apple-ginger sauce
· Optional Pairing: Sailors Sunset Sangria – Red Diamond Merlot, Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum and Peach Schnapps, with fresh peaches, oranges and lemons
Enjoy the Steak & Sangria menus at any of Fleming’s four Valley locations in North Scottsdale at DC Ranch, Scottsdale at Lincoln Road, Chandler and Peoria. Find the restaurant nearest you at FlemingsSteakhouse.com.
*Excluding tax and gratuity. Sangrias are sold separately. Fleming’s abides by all local and state liquor laws.
Tom’s Thumb Fresh Market http://www.tomsthumbfreshmarket.com/ starts a series of tasty educational classes in August covering everything from wine, grilling, and cooking. It’s “101 & Bell” sessions provide the basics and beyond from the experts at this unique corner market.
Chuck Hesson, the market manager and a certified Sommelier, hosts the first class “Wine & BBQ “– a Wine 101 pairing varietals with the tangy, smoky flavors of barbecue. The event starts at 6:30 pm with a tasting of five wines and light appetizers. Hesson will describe how each pairs with the different qualities of meats and sauces of the restaurant’s award-winning barbecue.
After the tasting, guests will sit for a 3-course dinner with their choice of barbecue entrée and their choice of one glass wine. Additional drinks are available for purchase.
Cost for the tasting course and dinner is $60 per couple or $35 per individual. Pre-paid reservations are required and can be made online or at the market.
Wednesday, August 8
6:30 – 8:30 pm
Tom’s Thumb Fresh Market
9393 E. Bell Rd. • Scottsdale 85260
Five food friendly wines from around the world:
- Italian Prosecco
- Oregon Rose
- Oregon Pinot Noir
- French Cote du Rhone
- Californian Syrah
- Choice of soup or salad
- Choice of the Two Meat Platter, Grilled Salmon or Rib Platter
- Choice of Strawberry Shortcake or Peach Cobbler