It’s going to be one busy week in the kitchens at the valley’s 5 Chompie’s Deli’s as both Chanukah and Christmas fall on the same week, something that happens every few years. Christmukkah as Chompie’s is calling it will be celebrated with meals for both holidays being available for take-out and dine-in.
Chanukah take out meals
The Borenstein’s family recipes create a Chanukah meal available to enjoy in your home with your family. The $149- meal generously serves 8 and includes:
- Matzo Ball Soup
- Choice of sliced Beef Brisket or Roasted Chicken
- Choice of two sides (latkes, roasted potatoes, homestyle green beans, and a broccoli-carrot medley)
- Lovey Borenstein’s Holiday Dessert (apple and cherry strudel).
Those who want side & desserts for their family meals, the restaurant’s Chanukah favorites are also available for take-away by the pint, pound or piece. These include:
- Raisin Challah Bread ($6.50)
- Jewish Rye Bread ($4.99)
- Matzo Ball Soup ($8.99 / qt)
- Homemade Brisket Gravy ($3.99 / pt)
- Applesauce ($4.99 / pt)
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes ($4.99 / lb)
- Black & Whites ($5.99 / 6 pack)
- Chocolate Bobka ($8.99)
- Chanukah Cookies ($2.25 each)
Traditional Holiday take out meals
Whether you choose to dine-in or take-out Chompie’s is prepared to serve you. A take-away family meal can be pre-ordered as are sides and desserts. The meals serve 12 people and include a whole oven roasted turkey, fixings, sides and pie.
- The Traditional Full Meal Package (serves 12-15 generously) – $209.99
- Holiday Dinner (for dine in or to go) – $18.99 per person / $9.99 for children under 10
- Extra Large Whole Oven Roasted Turkey – $99.99 * Carved for $124.99
- Fresh Baked Apple or Pumpkin Pies – $12.95 ea.
- Fresh Baked Deluxe Pies – $14.95 ea
- Homemade Stuffing – $6.99 / lb
- Matzo Ball Soup – $8.99 / qt
- Candied Yams – $5.99 / lb
Christmukkah Dine In menu
If you want to leave all the cooking and cleaning to Chompie’s, Christmas and Chanukah dinner are available for dine-in and includes soup or salad, an entrée choice of turkey breast with stuffing and cranberry relish, beef brisket with gravy, stuffed cabbage rolls, filet of salmon or Chicken Schnitzel, two sides, rolls and dessert. It is $20.99 per person and $10.49 for children under 10. It is available every day from December 24 – January 1 from 11 am – close.
Chompie’s holiday hours
In addition to preparing all the take out meals Chompie’s will be open for Christmas Day & New Year’s Day. Below is their holiday hours.
- Christmas Eve Day: 6 am – 8 pm (Tempe closes at 3pm)
- Christmas Day: 7 am – 9 pm (Tempe closes at 3pm)
- New Year’s Eve Day: 6 am – 7 pm (Tempe closes at 3pm)
- New Year’s Day: 7 am – 9 pm
To pre-order your take-out meals or to dine in this is where you can find a Chompie’s near you. http://www.chompies.com/
- Scottsdale: 9301 E. Shea Blvd., Scottsdale 85260 // 480-860-0475
- Tempe: 1160 E. University, Tempe 85281 // 480-557-0700
- Phoenix: 4550-324 E. Cactus Rd., Phoenix 85032 // 602-710-2910
- Chandler: 3481 W. Frye Rd., Chandler 85226 // 480-398-3008
- Glendale: 7700 W. Arrowhead Towne Center #1145 // 623-344-3104