A little friendly competition is always good to keep us on our toes and even more so in the Phoenix restaurant community as we find ways to make the summer go by quicker. Jade Bar at Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain Resort and Spa will host a friendly Bar Brawl for 8 local bartenders to show off what they do best….make delicious cocktails.
Every Sunday at 8 p.m. from July 16th – August 6th two bartenders will go head to head to see who will advance to the Semi-Finals on August 13th & 20th with the two winners advancing to the Championship on August 27th where the new “Bar Brawl Champion’ will be crowned.
Each weeks head to head competition will use specific spirits and ingredients for cocktails that will be judged by a panel of local judges.
Eddie Aces, Jade Bar’s Head Mixologist will emcee the event each week with locals and resort guest invited to cheer on the bartenders while DJ Hybrid will be providing entertainment. A special menu of “Bar Brawl Bites” will be available for purchase for happy hour prices during each weeks competition. There is no cost to attend the Bar Brawl.
The Bar Brawl Champion will be awarded a fun-filled trip to Austin City Limits. Previous winners have included Kyle Mason of Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia and Keifer Gilbert of Crudo and Counter Intuitive.
The 8 bartenders competing will be
- Piroose Hajizadeh-Amini, Bitter & Twisted Cocktail Parlour
- Kyle Landry, Crudo
- Liza Loewenhagen, Cobra Arcade Bar
- Alex Knight, Culinary Dropout
- William Luddington, The Ostrich
- Gavin Pena, The Clever Ko
- Rando Shields, Shady’s Fine Ale’s and Cocktails
- Sam Penton, Counter Intuitive
and their head to head competition will be
- July 16 – Pena vs. Hajizadeh-Amini
- July 23 – Lowenhagen vs. Knight
- July 30 – Shields vs. Luddington
- Aug. 6 – Landry vs. Penton