For several months foodies around the valley have been waiting anxiously for the up coming azcentral.com Food & Wine Experience the weekend of Nov. 5th-6th. The event at Salt River Fields will bring foodies together with chefs from Phoenix area restaurants and celebrity chef Mario Batali for cooking classes, dinners, a whiskey tasting and much more.
With great food from over 70 restaurants and more than 200 beers and whiskeys available to taste organizers have put together an a la carte schedule so each festival goer can personalize their own experience.
azcentral.com Food & wine experience a la carte itinerary
Below is the a la carte itinerary so you can plan a fun weekend.
Sat., Nov. 5
- Lunch with Mario Batali. The chance to dine on recipes by this global favorite sold out within days. Guests will dine on Mario’s favorite recipes, have the chance to hear firsthand from the maestro about his culinary inspirations and learn what promoted his latest book newest out this fall MARIO BATALI BIG AMERICAN COOKBOOK: 250 Favorite Recipes from Across the USA. SOLD OUT
- 1:30pm. The Blend. Master bourbon maker and proprietor of Jefferson’s Small Batch Bourbon of Kentucky, Trey Zoeller leads this interactive adventure in blending. Guests create their own custom bourbon and learn the historic secrets to this signature beverage. $39
- Scotch, Steaks and Stogies. It’s a triple threat of super talent: chefs James Porter, Christopher Gross and Matt Carter lead this happy hour of great food and strong drink. Porter pontificates straight from his Terra farm + manor; James Beard winner & French chef extraordinaire Christopher Gross adds spark straight from his venerable Christopher’s and Crush Lounge; and super perfect restaurateur Matt Carter delivers the flair of his Zinc Bistro, The Mission, The House Brasserie and the soon opening, Fat Ox. $59
- Not Your Average BBQ & Brews. Another super trio elevates the American barbecue to new heights. Think wagu beef vs. pulled pork. ‘nuf said. Little Miss Barbecue’s jewel of a smoker, Scott Holmes, takes the griller’s role; Downtown Phoenix food creative Stephen Jones of DeSoto Market adds his stamp of culinary flair; and Bernie Kantak puts his precision into action straight from Citizen Public House and The Gladly. Want more of a reason to attend this event? Select varieties of Four Peaks, Goose Island and Golden Road breweries are featured accompaniments. $79
- Talking Stick Destination Dinner. Indigenous ingredients and savory continental flavors served with each course in this evening of authentic cultural immersion of the Southwest. Come for the food but stay for the flautist and hoop dancing performances of the Native American tradition. $80
- Batali + Bianco. Experience elevated dining from two of the world’s most popular Italian chefs. An evening of fine food, excellent wine, warm hearts and two superbly inspiring culinary personalities. This occurs at the new Tratto in Phoenix. An evening to remember! $175.
Sun., Nov. 6
- Eat. Drink. Give. We’re talking Sisterhood of the Stove, people! Get on your feet and support this beautiful mini grand tasting lovingly prepared by a 13 all-female chef cast. AND proceeds benefit The Joy Bus, which delivers fresh healthy meals to cancer patients. These sisters bring the heat from the kitchen to create small bites and joyful cocktails in a feel-good midday dining event that won’t disappoint. $99
- 12:30pm. East Meets West. When Nobuo Fukada decides to put a new twist on cuisine, guests know something exotic and delicious is about to happen. The James Beard Award winning chef enlightens with insights on delicate yet satiating creations in a dining presentation that combines Japanese culture. His small bites are paired with fine wines, rare Japanese whiskey and sake. $49
- 2:30pm. Sunday Sip ‘n Tell. The traditions, regions and secrets of select wines make for a rare and palate-pleasing storyline in this Sunday afternoon seminar of libations presented by Today’s Patio. $49
- The Grand Finale Gio Osso, Alex Stratta, Kevin Fink, Bruce Kalman, and Chris Bianco present a superlative multi-course meal with fabulous pairings, capping off 3 days of rare food and beverages. Each delivers their own creation passionately prepared for an unforgettable evening with mega award-winning culinary personalities. $125
Ticket and information
Subscribers to azcentral.com and The Arizona Republic are eligible for $10 and $15-off any Grand Tasting ticket while supplies last at azcentral.com/insider. Grand Tasting tickets and latest information is at http://www.azcentralfoodandwine.com/.