Restaurants around the valley are shifting gears to lighter and seasonal focused menus with the arrival of summer. Gilbert’s Nico Heirloom Kitchen recently shifted into their summer menu with the addition of 6 dishes from owner and chef Gio Osso.
With an emphasis on locally sourced ingredients including fruits and vegetables these are then new menu items.
- Stone Fruit Panzanella – Peach, apricot, cherry, arugula, chevre, day old bread and vanilla balsamic.
- Heirloom Grain Salad – Farro, quinoa, blueberry, apply, almonds with white balsamic.
- Salmon Croquette with capers and Calabrian chile aioli.
- Diver Scallops with sweet corn nage, crispy prosciutto, balsamic marinated mushrooms.
- Flat Iron Steak – Cocoa-lavender rub, summer squash hash, charred spring onion and blueberry demi.
- Fruite de Mare – Chef’s fresh catch, tomato and white wine.
Summer Dining Experiences
Nico will host a series of “Summer Dining Experiences” with the first scheduled for this Thursday June 14th. The “Gin & Bear It” dinner will pair a 4- course dinner with gin cocktails. The dinner will start at 6:30 and cost $45 ++ per person.
For more information or to make a reservation visit http://www.nicoaz.com/
Nico Heirloom Kitchen is at 366 N. Gilbert Rd. Gilbert 85234 (480)584-4760.