Start your doggie as it will be no ordinary walk in the park! More than 50 of Arizona’s fastest dachshunds will converge on Feb. 23 to race in the 18th Annual Wiener Nationals – Arizona Regionals race! After winning the regionals, Phoenix dog, Oscar went on to earn the 2012 championship title competing against the victors from nine other regional races held throughout the year. Now he must guard his title as the “Winning Wiener” in 2013. Can he do it again or will another AZ dog claim the top spot?
Returning Champ Oscar “My Wiener” of Phoenix will go “nose to nose” in a race to the finish line on Saturday, Feb. 23 in Tucson, Ariz. for the 18th Annual Wienerschnitzel Wiener Nationals – Arizona Regionals. Oscar will once again be competing against Arizona’s fastest dachshunds for a chance to defend his title as Arizona’s “Top Dog.” More than 50 dogs will race but only one will go from “wiener to winner,” taking home $250 and a trip to the Holiday Bowl in San Diego for the 2013 Finals!
Saturday, February 23
Check-in: 8:30 a.m.
Prelims: 9 a.m.
Final race: 1 p.m. – During halftime at the UA vs. WSU men’s basketball game
The University of Arizona – Jimenez Field
N. Campbell Avenue & Enke Drive (Access the field off Enke Drive)
Parking: 6th Street garage is free before 9 a.m., $5 after 9 a.m.
· Pick up an entry form at any Tucson Wienerschnitzel location, register on race day at Jimenez Field (8 a.m.), or register online at: www.wwnraces.com
· Registration is free. Hurry – space is limited
· Admission to Jimenez Field is free for the races.
· Dogs in costume and racing jackets
· Wienerschnitzel Hot Dog Mascot “The Delicious One”
· Community interacting with the dogs, enjoying a fun day at the races